Wednesday, January 23, 2008

100

It's my hundredth post (in this blog, anyway). Too bad I don't have anything important to say. Or anything at all to say, really.

The masterclass I took yesterday was awesome. I shouldn't have been nervous about it at all. We did have to do a lot of participation, but it was all fun stuff. There was a lot of running around and dancing and imaginative play and improv. I felt like a kid. Plus it was wonderful getting to talk to an artist I admire so much. It was a nice reminder of why I wanted to do what I want to do in the first place. I feel inspired. I don't think I can act fully on my inspiration at this point in time, but taking this class was a nice reminder that, while I do enjoy research, there are also some other more creative impulses within me that I need to not keep on the back burner forever.

Speaking of creativity, I've started to have a lot of pregnancy dreams again. I'd gone a few months without having any, but now in the past couple of weeks they have been an almost-nightly occurrence. According to the all-knowing internet, dreaming of pregnancy is often a sign of new growth in life or growing creativity. That's nice, but the pregnancy dreams are always very physical, and I don't really like that. Sometimes I dream that I'm in labor, and that actually hurts (does anyone else have physically painful dreams?). In last night's dream I wasn't in labor, I was just sitting around pregnant and watching a movie in a hotel room with my friend R from my masters program and Phil's ex-girlfriend (who I don't even really know in real life, so I don't know why she was in my dream). It was a boring dream, actually, but I remember it because I physically could feel that I was pregnant. I felt just kind of heavy and uncomfortable. Not that I have any idea what it actually feels like to be pregnant in real life, but I sure do get very strong physical sensations from these dreams. The other annoying feature about these dreams is that they often involve people not believing me. Usually it's that I know I'm about to have the baby but nobody believes me because they all think it's too early. Every now and then the dream features a father who doesn't believe that he is really the father, even though I'm positive he is. Anyway, I wish I knew why the pregnancy dreams are back again, but I guess they're preferable to my other recurring dream of late, which involves frantically packing suitcases full of random things so I can catch a plane to India that then crashes. Fun.

In other news, I continue to be productive during my last week of vacation. One of the things I wanted to do over break was print all of the best pictures I've taken over the past year and label them and put them into albums, and I finished that project today. I've also finished a bunch of other organizational projects involving my comprehensive exam reading list and my bookshelves and personal writing projects and all sorts of junk I won't bore you with. I finally managed to read through the pile of magazines that has been stacking up on my nightstand since October. I love having pleasure reading time! I even managed to read three novels I've been wanting to read for ages. I'm trying to finish one more just-for-fun book before Monday, at which point I have to go back to reading hundreds and hundreds of pages each week, all class-related. Speaking of which, I bought or borrowed all the books I need for this semester's classes. Today I even took my bridesmaid dress to a tailor to get the top taken in. I'm excited because the top is going to fit perfectly and I won't have to be struggling with some stupid strapless bra all night long. The only challenge now is to stay the same size between now and mid-March. I'm not too terribly worried about gaining weight, I'm more worried about losing weight. I tend to eat less junk and work out more when I'm in school, and everyone knows that boobs shrink before any other part of the body (because they are JUST FAT) so I'm afraid that the dress that fits perfectly today might be gaping again a little by March. Maybe I just try it on weekly between now and then and eat a ton of Taco Bell and Quiznos if it seems like I'm starting to shrink? Yum.

Speaking of food, Project Eat More Protein continues, so I need to go find something meaty and cheesy for dinner. Bye.

No comments: