Sunday, July 8, 2007

I owe you an update, I know, but the internet stopped working at my parents' house, and no one can come out to fix it until FRIDAY. We've been without internet since Friday afternoon. The fact that it's going to take an entire week to get someone to come out and fix the damn thing makes me crazy, but there's nothing I can do about it other than bitching to supervisors at my parents' ISP about how they really shouldn't be signing up new customers right now since they clearly can't handle the ones they have. And I already did that.

So it's entirely possible I won't update again this week. There's the whole problem with the internet not working at my house, meaning I have to come up to the bar (which is a wireless hot spot) or find another spot to connect to the internet. There's also the fact that I'm working A LOT. I'm actually at work right now, in fact, but my only customers at noon on a Sunday morning are my brother and this regular we call MGD guy because he only drinks MGD and never tips, EVER. Needless to say, I'm not busting my ass to give him my best service. So yeah. This is my fourth day on in a row, then I work tomorrow and Tuesday and finally get a day off on Wednesday. At least today's shift is a day shift so I have the night free. I just worked three nights in a row, and after a while that starts to get a little rough, especially since when I work until 3 in the morning and then have to drive 25 minutes back to my house, I end up finally getting to sleep around 4ish and then sleeping until at least noon, which sort of wastes the whole day when I have to start getting ready for work again at 5.
I only have three more weeks of work, though! I'll be putting in my two weeks' notice a week from today so that I can go with my family to the mountains for a few days before I head off to University Land. Isn't that insane? Where the heck did this summer go? It flew by faster than almost any other period of my life, I think. In a lot of ways it's a good thing that time went by so fast, but I still can't believe it.

Alright, I guess I should go find some beers to restock or something. I'll update again as soon as I can.

No comments: