Sunday, December 2, 2007

Vacation

By the way, winter break is shaping up to be really busy.

On the 20th of December, I'll drive to New Jersey to drop my dog and cat off with my aunt and uncle. Then on the 21st I get to fly out of Newark and spend ten hours making my way back to my hometown for Christmas, which should be a really enjoyable day. Ha.
On the 30th I'm going to make the (long) drive with my sister back to the city where she lives, which is where I did my MA program and lived from August 2005 to May of this year. (Well, more or less. I actually lived in a small town about twenty minutes from the city) So I'll hang out there for New Year's Eve and hopefully get to see Maddi since she still lives there.
I'll fly back to my hometown the night of the 1st and stay there for a few more days. Then on the 5th of January I'll fly back to Newark.
On the 6th of January my sister flies to the east coast. We're going to spend a few days hanging out in New York and then we'll head back here and do more touristy things around City A and B.
She'll fly home on the 13th. And by then I figure I'll be all socialized out and ready to spend the next week or two chilling out before classes start again in the spring.

All of that is definitely happening. Plane tickets have been purchased and arrangements have been made. And then when I called home tonight my dad told me he's in the process of seeing if he can buy plane tickets for the whole family to fly to San Diego for a couple of days for this college bowl game he and my siblings really want to watch in person. While I'm not all that interested in football, I am interested in San Diego, so it will be cool if he does end up getting the plane tickets. But if that happens, it means another two days of travel.

Crazy.

No comments: