Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I Just Bit My Own Lip. Dumb!

So tonight after I'd gotten fed up with packing for the day I went out for a drink with a friend of mine. We were sitting at a corner table at the bar, and a few tables away I saw a guy that looked familiar. I thought it might be my friend Alex, but I wasn't sure and I didn't want to be like, "Hey, Alex!" only to have it not be him after all, so I was trying to look at the guy in a non-obvious way to figure out whether or not it was really Alex. Well, I guess he saw me staring at him (so much for not being obvious) and he gave me a big wave and started walking to my table, so I gave him a big wave back, thinking to myself "Oh good, it IS Alex." But then as soon as the guy got close I saw that he had all these tattoos on his arm and Alex definitely does not. And he was taller than Alex is, so he was definitely NOT Alex.
And yet he gave me a big hug, and said, "Hey, how are you?!" and he asked what I have been up to lately, so I asked what he has been up to lately, and I told him I'm moving and why and he said, "Wow, that's great, I'm proud of you!" and he told me about his summer job and basically we talked for two minutes as if we knew each other. Eventually he introduced himself to my friend so I found out his name is Mike, but the name didn't ring any bells. I am almost 100% positive that I have never actually met him before in my life. Finally he said, "Well, good luck!" and walked away, and my friend asked me, "Who was that?" and I said, "I have no idea," and that was that.
But the question is, why would he pretend that he knew me? I mean, I pretended that I knew him so that it wouldn't be awkward, which was really stupid and pretty awkward anyway. And he could have been doing the same. But what if he thinks I'm someone else? Or what if he somehow really DOES know me but I have just forgotten meeting him entirely? Or maybe he has just been with so many girls that he had to pretend he knew me because he wasn't sure if he'd hooked up with me or not? The whole encounter was just really odd.

In other news, I have packed up everything in my apartment except for the stuff in my kitchen, which shouldn't take too long. I have even packed up everything I'm taking home with me for the summer. All I have to do tomorrow is load up my storage pods and clean the apartment.
Of course, due to scheduling conflicts the pods aren't being delivered until mid-afternoon at the earliest, AND my apartment complex is shutting off the water at 10:00 tomorrow and it is supposed to be off ALL DAY LONG. I don't know how the heck I'm supposed to clean the apartment without running water. I'll be bitching to the apartment manager tomorrow. It will probably be futile, but it's worth a shot. I keep hoping that she'll say, "Oh, just vaccuum and dust and we'll take care of everything else." That will never happen, but it sure would be nice.

Tonight is my last night sleeping in my bed in this apartment. I still can't believe I'm moving.

No comments: