Sunday, May 27, 2007

7 Down, Approximately Half a Million To Go

I packed seven boxes today! Actually, I packed seven boxes and put all the linens and towels into a garbage bag since I figure those don't need an actual box, so technically I packed eight boxes today!
DVDs, winter clothes (minus coats, I don't have a box big enough for my coats yet), all of the random stuff that was being stored in my closet, most of the small decorative things from around the apartment, shoes...they're all packed up. I had to fake-cry to Kiki* (my best friend from college, whom I still talk to pretty much every day) about packing up my shoes. How do you decide which shoes to say goodbye to for the whole entire summer?! I mean, all of the winter shoes got packed, sure, but I have lots of cute open-toed shoes that had to be packed away because I just don't have the space to bring all of my shoes with me for the summer, especially since I can't justify it because my mother and I wear the same shoe size. Tragic.
I feel pretty good about the progress I made today. I could keep working right now, I suppose, except that I am already pretty much on track with the completely anal packing schedule I wrote out for myself. That, and I need to find more boxes somewhere tomorrow before I can continue.
So I'm going to go have drinks with my best friend here, Maddi*, and get back to procrastinating as usual.

*My best friend from college has to be Kiki, because she actually made up that fake name herself one weekend when we met a bunch of marines and decided it would be fun to use fake stripper names all night long rather than giving them our real names (What, you don't have a fake stripper name? Come on, everybody has a fake stripper name! Mine is Amber.)
*She would hate her pseudonym, but she doesn't have a middle name I can use, and her full first name is the same name as someone else we already know that she doesn't like, so this is the best I could do off the top of my head.

No comments: