Saturday, June 27, 2009

Library

This morning I got an e-mail from the public library informing *A* Hot Lastname that two books are due on Monday.

So I called Penn immediately and asked, "When you filled out our library card applications, did you write that my middle name is "Hot"?" He laughed uproariously, so I took that as a yes.

He loves jokes like that. He sets things up and then he just sits back and waits. Sometimes it literally takes months for the joke to pay off (as it did in this case) but it always does eventually. Like the time I was brushing my teeth before class one morning and discovered that he'd manipulated my floating Christmas snowmen candles so it looked like one was humping the other. Or the time he wrote me a check to pay his half for something we'd charged on my card and it wasn't until I was putting the check into the ATM that I noticed he'd written "hot sex" on the "For:" line. Or the time he printed out maps for a roadtrip and typed "You smell" into the "Google Maps says:" section. Oh, and then there was the time he printed out pictures of David Hasselhoff and glued pictures of his own face over David's and then stuck the pictures into one of the magazines I was taking on the plane to Russia.
His patience with these practical jokes is astonishing, especially considering how impatient he is about almost everything else. He's great at keeping his pranks a secret. I could never do that. I'd hover around him endlessly, giving him hints until he eventually figured out the joke. He just lets me stumble upon them myself, which just makes it even funnier every time.

I love this man so much.

I'm just hoping I never have to actually speak to any of the librarians in person about my account. How embarrassing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

google maps says, "You're lost."

also, that's freaking hilarious. i always thought your middle name was "smart and fabulous"...guess i've been proven wrong.

penn is the best bf ever.

-kiki