Monday, October 13, 2008

Bullets

-Kiki took the quiz I blogged about yesterday, and her results were extremely accurate, too! She posted her results in my comments section and I read through them just now and was like, "Yes, yes, yes, mostly yes, DEFINITELY yes..." It's kind of freaky! Now I want everyone to take this quiz so I can see if it is accurate for everyone or just for us. Think it would work for guys? I know the icons are women, but gender doesn't really seem to play into the descriptions...

-Place where I have no interest in ever going? Branson, Missouri. It's one of those things that I feel is pretty much the antithesis of my personality.

-Also the antithesis of my personality? That horrible ad for the National Guard that they sometimes play before movies in the theaters these days. Have you seen it? It combines army brainwashing with Kid Rock and NASCAR. My personal version of hell would be watching that video over and over and over again. I'd try to find it on YouTube, but I don't think you should have to sit through it, either.

-Remember when I was babbling on and on about how good sparkpeople.com is? Well, I still use it regularly (although not quite as much as I was at first; I find that I don't need to track quite as carefully now that I have a better sense of what constitutes a normal portion size). And now I've found another free website where you can enter your bank account information (minus secure info) and make a budget! It's great, it shows you where all of your money is going without you having to take the time to enter anything. I just made a budget that I can start using once I move in with Penn. Because I need a budget. I'm about two months away from finally running out of the money I saved up from bartending/living at home in summer of 2007, so if I'm going to have to start living paycheck-to-paycheck I need to budget much more carefully. I'm still trying to avoid taking out student loans for as long as possible, and I'm going to be forced to take out loans if I can't stay within my budget. I think I can handle the budget I made for myself, though. It has a lot of "fun money" and a lot of wiggle room. Now I'm just ready to get out of my money-sucking apartment (it has been a money-sucking apartment all along, but it didn't bother me as much when a cheaper option wasn't just within my grasp). Anyway, I just started on this new website today so I want to make sure it's safe and nobody is taking money out of my accounts before I recommend it without qualification, but so far so good!

-Penn would say that the above sentence is yet more proof of my organizational "sickness", and he's probably right. But I ask you, who DOESN'T want a balanced budget and a clean house? I'm like a very useful robot! A very useful robot who can love you!

-I taught my dog to ring a bell hanging from the door whenever he wants to go outside. I'm very proud that he learned how to do this. Except that now he thinks he can ring the bell whenever he needs to pee...or check out a cat, or a squirrel, or the UPS truck, or that Wendy's wrapper someone just dropped in the parking lot...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made the BF take the quiz...it's pretty right on! Freaky!!! We are Doris and Katharine. :) Adorable.

Love, Kiki

You are a Katharine -- "I am happy and open to new things"



Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.






How to Get Along with Me
* Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
* Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
* Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
* Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
* Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
* Don't tell me what to do.

What I Like About Being a Katharine
* being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
* being spontaneous and free-spirited
* being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
* being generous and trying to make the world a better place
* having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
* having such varied interests and abilities




What's Hard About Being a Katharine
* not having enough time to do all the things I want
* not completing things I start
* not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
* having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
* feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship

Katharines as Children Often
* are action oriented and adventuresome
* drum up excitement
* prefer being with other children to being alone
* finesse their way around adults
* dream of the freedom they'll have when they grow up




Katharines as Parents
* are often enthusiastic and generous
* want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life
* may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive