Monday, October 29, 2007

Gulp.

Last night was the first night since moving here that I've had trouble sleeping because of anxiety.
Considering it's almost November and the semester is more than half over, I think that's actually pretty good.
And really, the anxiety wasn't even that horrible. After tossing and turning for about twenty minutes, I finally told myself, "Either quit worrying and go to sleep, or get up and go back to work." And sleep won out. I did have a really odd dream about College Ex, but at least I fell asleep (in the dream I went to visit him at work and he was working as a cook in a burrito restaurant, which I think will be highly amusing to anyone that knows him in real life and would probably piss him off royally if he knew that's how my subconscious has reworked him).

Once I get this freakin' midterm out of the way I think I'll be in good--or at least manageable--shape stress-wise for the rest of the semester. But it's THIRTY PAGES LONG and all I have really done so far is organize all of my notes into helpful categories, so it's still feeling pretty overwhelming right now, to say the least.

Can you believe there are still seven full weeks until winter break?

No comments: