Saturday, November 29, 2008

NO MORE MOVING

Fall of 2008 will forever be remembered as the Semester of Boxes and Suitcases. Penn moved. Then I moved. Then Penn's good friend bought a house and he and his wife also moved, with a lot of help from us. Next weekend my friend from school who is taking over the lease on my old apartment is moving, with a lot of help from me. In the midst of all the moving I packed suitcases and went to Delaware. And Boston. And San Francisco. And back to Penn's hometown for Thanksgiving. Oh, and remember back before all the moving actually started, how I was going up to Penn's hometown at least every other weekend, and there was the whole Niagara Falls trip...Good lord. So many good things, but SO MANY DAMN BOXES.

Honestly, I don't even want to think about traveling to my parents' house for Christmas right now because it's going to involve yet another suitcase. Thankfully, I still have almost three weeks until I have to do that.

Luckily, the new apartment is finally almost completely organized. I packed up all the rest of the stuff from my old apartment and moved it over here on Tuesday, and I spent Wednesday cleaning the old place so that my friend can move in. After a month of living in limbo I finally have all of my stuff in one apartment again, which is a very nice feeling. I even have the whole place almost completely organized! I'm forcing Penn to help me hang all of our pictures and wall decorations tomorrow and then I have to organize a filing cabinet and that's it. And then I'm immediately decorating for Christmas, so I'll take pictures and post them sometime in the next few days so that you guys can see the new place. I'm really proud of it. Penn and I did a pretty good job of combining our stuff into a nice looking home, and I'm really proud of everything he's doing to keep the place looking neat because he knows that's important to me. And even though we've already been living together for a month, I still feel a little giddy every time I look at our toothbrushes resting in the same cup or my high heeled shoes lined up on the shelf under his tool chest. Things are going well.

I wish I'd done a better job of writing about the month of November. A lot happened, and most of it was really good and a lot of fun. But between all the moving and travel I seriously haven't had more than an hour here and there of free time, because the schoolwork load has been just as heavy as ever. But I'm doing great. Happy, healthy, busy, and in love. What more do you need to hear, really?

No comments: