Thursday, September 25, 2008

So Freakin' Excited!

I am so freakin' excited right now that I can barely stand it.

First of all, Penn and I are going to Niagara Falls this weekend. To the Canada side. I have never been to Niagara Falls, and I have also never been to Canada. Not officially, anyway. I've spent about 15 hours of my life in the Toronto airport, but despite the fact that I have two Canadian passport stamps due to going through customs up there, I've never actually set foot on Canadian soil. So I'm very excited to go to Canada and to see the falls.

But also, and more importantly, Penn called me tonight to tell me that he got a job here!! As you know, right now we live about 100 miles away from each other and we commute back and forth on weekends. Well, before he even met me Penn had been applying for jobs near where I live, and then he met me and I was an added incentive to the whole job application process. So Penn put in some applications, and last Friday he had an interview here. I was so excited that he even got an interview, but I kept trying to talk myself out of being excited because I just thought it would be too good to be true if he actually got a job near me.
But the universe likes us, apparently, because Penn got the job today! It's not totally 100% yet (he still has to pass the background check and wrap up loose ends at his current job) but he should be officially hired by the end of the month.

This is awesome news. It means that we'll only have to drive 20 miles to see each other instead of 100 miles. Yay for saving gas money! It means Penn can get a dog-friendly apartment so I don't have to worry about my howling hound getting him evicted. And since the eventual goal is that I'll move into his apartment when my lease here is up next summer, it's another step forward, which is really exciting and makes me really happy. I have so much more to say, but I've been out with my parents all night (they were visiting, it was also awesome, maybe more about that later) and I have to get up early tomorrow to work, so I'll have to elaborate later.

Suffice it to say, I'm really happy right now.

No comments: