Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Giggle

As part of the kinda strange, cobbled-together assistantship I've held this school year, one of my jobs is to assist our department's financial secretary. When I'm working for the financial secretary my primary job is to do a whole bunch of data entry. Basically, I fill in a database with all of the department's expenses and income. Part of this job includes doing line-by-line data entry of everyone's credit card statements, which means entering the name of the store and exactly what was bought and how much it cost.
Normally, this job is completely mindless and dull. Frankly, as weird as this sounds, I sort of enjoy the fact that it's mindless and dull. It's nice to have a break from thinking and it's really nice to have a job that has a clear start-and-stop point each time I do it since most of my life these days involves working on projects that drag on for months.
Every now and then, though, my favorite store shows up on a credit card statement and I get to have a good laugh.
That store?

Richard the Thread.

Best store name EVER.

That is all.

No comments: