Saturday, January 2, 2010

So This is 2010

The new decade is off to a decent start. I broke one of my cardinal rules of life, though, which is not to start the new year with a hangover. I was just having so much fun at the party we attended that I kept letting friends hand me Jello shots and after a while I sort of forgot that Jello shots contain alcohol. So, yeah, in retrospect, half a dozen of those wasn't a fantastic idea. I'm not exactly a spry 22 year-old used to drinking four nights a week anymore. Having said that, I did have a really good time ringing in the new year so I can't really complain.
We're on our way home from the shore right now, where we drove out for a quick overnight trip to visit Penn's dad. That means we're officially done with all of this year's obligatory holiday visits (some of which feel a bit more obligatory than others, I have to admit...I get along with everyone in Penn's family so far but some of them wear on him a bit so I can't help but pick up on that...seems like that's the norm in most families, I've just been lucky that my own family visits have always been stress-free, I guess.) Anyway, now that the new year has started and my couple of months of traveling are over I'm actually excited to get back into a routine. I'm ready to start my winter class on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it, exactly, but I'm ready. I'm sick of feeling like I'm not working hard enough, and that's how I've been feeling lately. So now I can start working on an article or two and then I'm hoping the momentum will force me to finish my prospectus before spring. I'm also jumping hardcore into wedding planning. I have twenty venues on a spreadsheet and I am calling to set up tours and check availability starting on Monday.
I have a lot to work on, but I'm ready to get back to it. The late fall and Christmas season were a really nice hiatus from normal life, but i'm ready to get back to my normal routine.

1 comment:

brabantbound said...

i could have really gone for a laurie story or two....haha...I'lll have to call for details I guess!