Saturday, April 23, 2011

Road Trip Conversation

The scene: our car, two hours into a four hour drive, rural countryside.

Penn: So, I have a question for you. You know those high speed bullet trains, like in Japan?
Me: I can already tell this is one of those random hypothetical situations you're always coming up with.
Penn: You have to think about something!
Me: I know, but the hypotheticals you think about are always very different from the hypotheticals I think about in my downtime.*
Penn: Or most people think about, I know. But anyway, say you're a bullet train barreling along at 190 miles per hour and a cow walks into your path.
Me: Does the train vaporize the cow?
Penn: That's what I want to know!
Me: I am almost positive you've asked me this question before.
Penn: I probably have. I think about it sometimes, especially when I'm near a train track. I'm really curious. I want to know.

* My hypotheticals: What would I say if X thing happened? What would I remodel in our house with Y amount of money?
My husband's hypotheticals: let's just say the above is the tip of the iceberg.

No comments: