Monday, August 25, 2008

Still Alive

I really don't know what happened to the past two weeks. Why is it that the end of the summer always goes by so incredibly fast? I'm really, really, REALLY not ready to start classes again. Usually by the time late August rolls around I'm at least somewhat ready to go back, but this year I'm finding it really hard to get myself excited about going back to work. I want another month of sleeping whenever I feel like it and hanging out with my boyfriend and lying by the pool and reading stupid magazines. I think I'll be fine once classes actually get started, but right now I'm feeling very blah about the whole thing. The one consolation I have is that if all goes well this should be the last fall semester during which I'm the person taking the class instead of the person teaching the class, so at least there's that. One more year of coursework!

Anyway, I had a great time in New York and Boston (thanks for the suggestions, by the way!) and then this week my brother came to visit me and that was a lot of fun, too. And I should say a lot more about these things and hopefully I will have time to sooner or later, but right now I need to go to sleep because I have to go to work tomorrow. Boo!

No comments: